Hike Messenger, India’s Home Grown messaging platform today announced Hike 5.0, the latest and greatest update for their messaging app at a launch event held in New Delhi. the company has re-designed the app with refreshed user interface, exciting new features and has also introduced Hike Wallet – the UPI based payment service and has also teamed up with Yes Bank, as their banking partner.
Whats New in Hike 5.0
How to change App theme on the all new hike 5.0
Step 1: Open hike and tap anywhere near the “hi” icon.
Step 2: Select the theme which you like and thats it. The entire app will change accordingly.
Here are all new Hike 5.0 features :
- App Themes : it now supports 11 different themes with a combination of colors and patterns. the new theme area named as Hike Blue, Flirty, Hot Pink, Lilac, Gentle and others. it also introduces Night theme which saves battery and reduces the glare coming from the screen, it is handy for those who loves to chat late nights. it also adds a toggle to turn on Auto Night Mode from 8 pm to 6 am.
- Magic Selfie : the said features works with Hike Camera and uses Machine Learning techniques to smoothen your skin tone and making it glow from any angle.
- Stickers : the feature allows you to send Text to Stickers and is supported by all religions
- Timeline : the said feature has actually made a re-entry it was discarded earlier and has come back taking a count of the user feedback. it allows users to post text, photos and videos on their timeline. in addition to the Hike Stories, the company’s take on Snapchat stories which disappears in 24 hours.
Hike Payment, is sum-up in three different aspects and allows users to make Free and instant money transfer. it features Bank-to-Bank payments via UPI, Wallet to Wallet payments and Blue Packets, the company’s take on WeChat’s – Red envelope feature.
- ♥ Wallet : the feature is sum-up in three different aspects and allows users to make Free and instant money transfer. it features Bank-to-Bank payments via UPI, Wallet to Wallet payments and Blue Packets, the company’s take on WeChat‘s – Red envelope feature.
- Bank-to-Bank payments via UPI : This feature allows users to send and receive payment via bank-to-bank transfers with their friends. the exciting part is that it also works if you’re friends are not using Hike.
- Wallet to Wallet payments : with, Wallet, you can send and receive money from your friends and yes, you don’t require a Bank account to use this feature.
Blue Packet is a beautifully designed envelope that allows users to add money into it and send it to their friends
♥ Blue Packets: A Blue Packet is a beautifully designed envelope that allows users to add money into it and send it to their friends. the features comes with over 10 different beautifully crafted envelopes with a option to add a personalized message with it to celebrate all those special occasions. A Blue Packet can be sent to an individual or even a group of friends. If you give Blue Packets to a group of your friends, you can have a little fun and select how many people in the group should get it. It works on a first come first serve basis and a Blue Packet when sent expires in 24 hours.
Kavin further stated, “With Blue Packets, we’re going to change the way people send and receive money. We believe we can make that experience fun and also a new form of messaging. Can money be the new Sticker? We believe so. That’s the idea. Our users celebrate so many special moments in their lives. It could be from a simple Thank You or Congratulations to a Happy Birthday. We hope with Blue Packets we can give our users a new avenue to express themselves. We’re really excited about the possibilities with this and can’t wait to see how people use it”.
♥ Recharge : Well, Hike now allows you to recharge your mobiles or pay the postpaid bills right from the app.
With, Hike 5.0 the company has also managed to reduced the app size to just 25MB from previous size 40MB. it has also introduced 128-bit SSL encryption to ensure that communication across the messaging platform. is encrypted.
The all new Hike 5.0 is will start rolling out officially for Android and iOS users by coming Sunday. whereas, the Hike Wallet feature will be rolled out first for the Android users while the iOS users will receive it by July end.
What Are You Waiting For?
Download Hike Messenger Now, Click on the link given below to get it from your App Store.
Google Play Store | Windows Store | iOS App Store
If you like our report please share your support by subscribing to our community on Facebook, Twitter, Telegram or Flipboard. you can also join our support group Android for any queries related to your devices.